Sunday, December 21, 2014

Changeling (2008)

It has happened to me several times and may be to you all, that, you wanted to see a movie for a long time, but haven’t seen it, and when you have finally seen the movie, you were asking yourself, “Man, why didn’t I watch it earlier? What took me so long to watch this?”

 

Yes. Changeling is definitely one such movie for me.

I knew the theme of the movie much before watching it. So, I had made a mental picture about the plot. Then I started watching it and the first thing that struck me was the wordings at the start of the movie: “A true story”. These words completely changed the viewing experience for me. Everything seemed much more intriguing than it would have felt if I didn’t know that it was a true story. The emotions felt real. I experienced the frustration and helplessness of the protagonist, Christine Collins, played by Angelina Jolie. And right through the middle, I realized my mental picture of the movie was poles apart from the actual plot. A must watch.

Angelina Jolie was exceptional. No wonder she was nominated for the Academy award for best actor in leading role: female. And, only at the end did I see that Changeling was directed by the master himself: Clint Eastwood. In case you didn’t know, he is a monster.

Clint Eastwood is a monster.

Rating: Very close to a 9, on 10


(Review is incomplete. To contribute to the article, type in your comments and opinions. Ciao)

No comments:

Post a Comment